Recombinant Lachnospiraceae Cas12 (LbCpf1) (1-1227) was expressed in E. coli with a N-terminal GST tag.
Catalog No. C12CR-E241G
|Catalog No.||Pack Size||Price (USD)|
CRISPR (clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeat) and their CRISPR-associated (Cas) proteins constitute the adaptive immune system in bacteria (1-2). This system has been redesigned to create an exemplary genome editing tool for application to RNA-based therapeutics development (3). Developing rapid and sensitive diagnostic tools is key for successful patient management and curbing the disease spread. Several CRISPR-Cas12 based SARS-CoV-2 detection assays have been developed (4,5). CRISPR/Cas12 (LbCpf1) is a Cas12 synthetic construct derived from Lachnospiraceae bacterium.
Cpf1 (synthetic construct)
1. Horvath, P., et al. CRISPR/Cas, the immune system of bacteria and archaea. Science, 327(5962):167-170.
2. Morange, M. What history tells us XXXVII. CRISPR-Cas: The disconvery of an immune system in prokaryotes. J. Biosci. 40(2):221-223.
3. Gier, R.A., et al. High-performance CRISPR-Cas12a genome editing for combinatorial genetic screening. Nat. Commun. 2020, 11(1):1-9.
4. Broughton JP, et al: Rapid detection of 2019 novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 using a CRISPR-based DETECTR lateral flow assay. medRxiv doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/ 2020.03.06.20032334.
5. Lucia C, et al: An ultrasensitive, rapid, and portable coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 sequence detection method based on CRISPR-Cas12. bioRxiv. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/ 2020.02.29.971127.
Storage, Stability, and Shipping:
Store product at –70oC. For optimal storage, aliquot target into smaller quantities after centrifugation and store at recommended temperature. For most favorable performance, avoid repeated handling and multiple freeze/thaw cycles.
Sample activity data. for lot-specific data, please refer to the lot-specific datasheet.
Sample purity data. For lot-specific data, please refer to the lot-specific datasheet.
150 kDa (calculated MW ~164 kDa)
There are no related publications available for this product.
Cardiovascular Disease, Cell Cycle, COVID19, Gastrointestinal Diseases , Infectious Diseases , Inflammation, Invasion/Metastasis, Lung Diseases , Metabolic Disorder, Neurobiology, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2